Monday, 3 October 2011

The Cake Stand's New Calling

Ta-Daaa!


Here's what I used my new cake stand for - a little place setting to hold all of my jewellery! I love it because before I had everything tucked away in a box and it meant that I rarely wore some of my favourite pieces. The name card was from a friend's wedding I went to recently which was absolutely beautiful, and that's my favourite teacup which has all of my loose earrings and bits and bobs in. 



Until taking these pictures I never realised how much tea-related paraphernalia I had. I love this mini tea set necklace!  

x Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a gorgeous way to display your jewellery! Mine is all packed away in boxes, I'm going to have to invest in a pretty cake stand now ;-).
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty things =) That is a really creative way to show off your jewelry and your tea set necklace is really adorable!

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this idea for storing jewelry! Not only are you reminded of what you have, you get to enjoy the beautiful sight of your treasures every day. Eye candy for sure. I also like the idea of using a teacup for jewelry storage; the more ways to have my china pieces in view, the better!

    Now looking for a cake stand during tomorrow's yard sale journey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to use different serving pieces for different things around the house. This is perfect for jewelry! Thank you for being part of Thrifty Things Friday and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect teacups and saucers (mismatched lol) and like to use them as candle holders and catchalls, but I never would've thought of using a cake stand this way! It's so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...