Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Never, Ever Give Up - D.I.Y



It's a rather strange time for me at the moment as a graduate trying to get started in the creative industries. I have to admit, I had been feeling a bit downhearted about it all (ahem, a bit), but recently I have met so many people like me, and I realise that we are all in the same boat. So this is a little DIY to remind us all: chin-up chaps, and never EVER give up! 




You will need: a paper bag, acrylic paint, scissors or a craft knife, and some form of stencils - I got these sponge letters from a local "everything" shop.

1. Cut off one side of the paper bag, leaving the handle on, so you are left with a sheet of brown paper with a ready made handle.
2. Choose your paint and print your chosen words on to the paper using the stencils/stamps. I chose a simple two colour design for extra emphasis :)
3. Let the paint dry and hang your art work up with the handle that's already attached. Easiest project ever!

You could also iron out the paper so it looks a bit neater, but I quite like the crinkled effect. My plan is to keep this and frame it when I don't need it as a reminder anymore.

Lots of love and happy crafting,

x Rachel

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! So many options for it too... also could be used for gift bags that are personalised!
    Belle du Brighton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Hope the new year brings you what your hoping for x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is a cute idea! i see you got the button box up so bloggers can grab one! :)

    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have got it up! thanks to you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! It is important to keep reminding yourself that you shouldn't give up. Its hard getting your creativity out there when it automatically gets thrown into a whirl pool of competition and criticism. When I was at design school, my teacher hated my illustrations and my style and it really discouraged me. Post studies I've taken illustration back up and I love it because I'm doing it for me! Thats why you really need to love what you do, and never give up!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...