Tuesday, 10 January 2012
22 Before 23
I always really like reading about other bloggers goals for the year, because it gives a little personal insight and also you can follow their progress along with them! I think the "__ before__" format for goals is really clever and I've been wanting to finish my own for ages! So finally here is my finished "22 Before 23" list - and now you've seen it I can't get away with not doing these things ;)
1. Read 20 books.
2. Open an Etsy Shop - really excited about this one!
3. Increase my readership - I have big plans for this blog and I want to share them with as many people as possible. Plus I am really enjoying meeting such lovely friends through blogging.
4. Start accepting sponsors.
5. Get the hang of Twitter - I admit, I am still a little bit befuddled by Twitter... I know that is a very embarrassing thing to admit in the social media world... but I really want to start using it a lot more.
6. Continue to improve my photography.
7. Get a table at my first craft fair - another one I'm very excited about!
8. Do at least one big set and costume design - I really really want to go out and do what I spent three years studying for! Obviously I hope for more than one, but at least one biggy and I'd be happy.
9. Go to the theatre and exhibitions twice a month - it should be more than that really, but I'm shooting low so hopefully I beat this target!
10. Make a dress - something I never give myself time to do.
11. Learn to crochet.
12. Knit something other than a scarf.
13. Draw every day - this is very important but something I always neglect.
14. Keep my desk tidy and use it more - I'm starting on this today, it is currently hidden under an explosion of craft materials.
15. Pay of student overdraft - boring, but inevitably essential.
16. Plan and schedule my blogging - I have a cute new calendar which I aim to put to good use!
17. LEARN TO COUNT - I missed this number off my list up there... but the real goal is... get an iPhone and start using instagram - counting down the days!
18. Work on a film in the art department - I'd love to do this again.
19. Watch more good films - sometimes I worry that I get a bit out of touch with films.. any suggestions?
20. Have a go at some book art - one of my current obsessions.
21. Style a photo shoot - have always loved the idea of designing for photography.
22. Sort out all of my stuff at home and have a boot sale! I need to downsize the amount of stuff I own, because it is pretty silly.
That's it, thanks for reading my little list. I love this time of year. What are your goals?