Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Home is wherever I'm with you

I've been rambling on about moving house for so long on the blog now, so I thought now's the time to start sharing a few little snippets of our new flat as we are settling in. We are still waiting for some furniture for our living room, so to start with here is a peek into our new bedroom:


1// A lower bed has done wonders for the size of the room. That is one bonus of renting an unfurnished flat, no horrible Divan bed on wheels! Learn how I made the patchwork flag throw here


2// My favourite part of the room is my little dressing area... We knew we couldn't afford (and didn't want) a proper wardrobe for the room, so we picked up this clothes rail from IKEA and couldn't be happier with it! We were a bit concerned about how sturdy a clothes rail might be and if it might look a bit messy, but it is definitely stable and I love how the clothes bring so much colour into the room. I'm also using a vintage suitcase with drawer organisers to store things like socks and PJs which is quite fun and very useful. 

3// Remember this DIY? I had to keep it on display somewhere to remind me how far I've come in a year.


4// I found this cake stand at a boot sale over a year ago and I've been using it as a jewellery display ever since.


5// I've tried to be a bit more selective about the "decorations" I usually have littered over every surface... But the seaside is pretty significant to both of us, so in my book that means I'm allowed some shells and stuff around, alright? 


6// In that same vein, I'm trying not to let the room get too girly and have it suit both Jake's and my taste... Even if that does mean having little footballers running along our windowsill... Ok it's a work in progress. 

That's all I have for now, except to say that I absolutely love it here. It's the best little flat with the best person ever. 

x Rachel 

6 comments:

  1. I love the suitcase storage idea! I've been living in my flat my about 9 months and still haven't got around to buying a cupboard. We just got a clothes rail, and its not very sturdy at all! Our spare room is basically just for our clothes, which mainly live in washing baskets, all across the floor. Its horrible!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no it is a nightmare isn't it not having enough storage! I had such a tiny wardrobe in the last place that was held up by catalogues under the feet and kept falling over haha. It's so hard to be tidy when there's nowhere to put anything! x

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely! I really love the idea of keeping stuff in suitcases, a lot of my stuff is stuffed in holdall's under my bed due to lack of storage! Not ideal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the throw! I also use a cake stand for all my jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing clothes rail, and I love your blog, makes me inspired to actually do something! Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute little room! I have the same exact clothes rack from IKEA!And I love how you repurposed the cake stand as a jewelry holder! -Jessica L

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...