Monday, 21 January 2013

My 2013 Craft To-Do List


Like many creative souls, I have an ever expanding list of craft projects that I'd like to try but somehow never get around to. A pile of unfinished scarves, paintings and sewing scraps sit untouched in my cupboard, and our little flat is absolutely bursting at the seams with spontaneous craft supply purchases... 

So this year I have taken an oath with myself: To cut down my craft to-do list and actually finish everything before adding new things!

Five things that have been on my Craft To-Do list for a long time are: 

1// A Granny Square Blanket. I love this unusual example from Muita Ihania

2// A Drawing a Week. Following these prompts might help with motivation.

3// Resin Casting. Making my Heart in a Jar has got me curious about all types of casting. This tutorial from Great Oak Circle looks like a good place to start. 

4// Embroidery Art. I'd love to make something for our wall like the one Meredith completed from a pattern by Alicia Paulson. Maybe Jake will help as he has been getting into a bit of embroidery too! (Shhh don't tell him I told you...)

5// Make a Dress. I have a collection of vintage dress patterns that it's high time I had a go at! 

Looks like I'm going to be a busy girl this year! What's on your Craft To-Do List?

x Rachel 

9 comments:

  1. I really like the 52 drawings idea - I may try that myself!
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the resin casting!
    Katie xx
    http://gravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cross stitch is on my to-do list for this year and to finish a cardigan I've been knitting for ages! But resin castings looks like one to add to the list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great Idea, I used to have so many granny square blankets that my family gave to me when I was little, I really want to make my own one day :) Good luck with these , I've also nominated you for a leibster award if you want to check it out :)
    Rosalie x
    http://rosaliejayne.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the sound of resin casting! i wish i had more time to be creative too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully creative blog, a very refreshing read indeed :) x
    modemadeleine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful goals!! I'd LOVE to see how you do with the resin casting. I've always wanted to explore it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous blog, i am sooooooooooo glad i found it! Thanks to Raspberry Kitsch!

    New follower!

    Txx

    http://www.fantasticfunfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha, I LOVE that Jake's been embroidering, my chap has been known to help me out with some hand sewing and embroidery before now as well, sometimes I worry he's better at it than me!!
    Looking forward especially to seeing the dress you make! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...