Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Weekly Art: String Gardens



//sources 1, 2//
Dutch artist Fedor van der Falk created these conceptual planters, which are now available to buy in Pompon, Amsterdam. String Gardens turn crochet string baskets, plaster, soil, moss and beautiful plants into gravity-defying, orb-like gardens and trees. 

If only I had room for a floating tree in my living room... But the smaller versions are slightly more realistic for home living. Even the illustrated care sheets are pretty! 

Nowhere near Amsterdam in the near future? Never Fear, you can try the technique out yourself with this DIY from Design Sponge

x Rachel 

6 comments:

  1. These look amazing. I wish I had a room in my house this would suite.

    Thanks for following me. Im following you back :)

    Mel x
    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - so unique!
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these-so beautiful!especially if you live in a space with no greenery, it must be like a little piece of nature in your room!annie x

    www.cheramiblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so inspiring! I love it. x

    www.hippiegoluckyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! you can actually buy them! so cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh! This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing. New follower here!
    xo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...