Saturday, 9 February 2013

Weekly Art: Augusto Esquivel




I am in awe of Augusto Esquivel's sewing button sculptures. The way that each button plays it's tiny part in building such a solid (yet fragile) whole is just incredible!

"Like an atom in a molecule, each button serves and shapes the whole. I hold the button to my ear and it whispers to me, 'I want to be...' " Augusto Esquivel (artist's statement).

My favourites are the colourful balloons and the musical instruments, how about yours? 

x Rachel 

5 comments:

  1. omg that kind of art looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these sculptures are amazing, i am particularly taken with the balloons!

    new follower :)

    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing ! love the piano !
    www.alexavoncanisius.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. whenever i see like alot of random buttons i think of tim burtons coraline. but the art is awesome anyway.
    just came across your blog and its lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's incredible how someone can create something so amazing out of something simple like a button! thanks for sharing this, great post :)

    Sarah
    xoxo

    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...