Saturday, 13 April 2013

Weekly Art: Anastassia Elias



I have a bit of a strange fascination with toilet roll art. I think it's because whenever I throw one away I feel like I should be keeping it for some creative purpose (I told you about my hoarding issues!)... 

Here is an artist who has taken the humble toilet roll to a much prettier level! Anastassia Elias creates these tiny tableaux inside discarded rolls using paper cuts and tweezers to manipulate them into shape. How cool?! I love them. Check out her portfolio as there are many more! 

x Rachel 

4 comments:

  1. wow these are beautiful! They look so delicate!
    Thanks for the comment, I'll have to let Rach know you're admiring her handiwork!

    Hope you're well :)

    Hannah xx


    www.raspberrykitsch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, and from something so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen these somewhere before, they're gorgeous :) Great post!

    Much love,
    Jennifer x

    artstylelove.com
    @JLouiseArtist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through Twitter. I totally want to swap with you. Will submit the passionfruit request later. Also adding you to bloglovin' as we speak!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...