Thursday, 6 June 2013

DIY Paper Daisy Chain


I love daisy chains, I used to make them at school in the summertime - we would all make them at break and join them together to make "the longest chain ever!!". I wanted to recreate this summery feeling with a daisy chain that will last a bit longer... I'm really pleased with the result.


You will need: white paper, yellow felt, double sided tape or glue dots, green embroidery thread. 

1// Cut the white paper into little white circles about 2.5cm in diameter. Use a picture reference to cut petal shapes around the edges. I used tiny scissors for this - slightly less fiddly than a knife.

2// Use a knife to lightly score the shapes of the petals into the paper.. This gives the right effect without making the paper too flimsy. 

3// Cut the yellow felt into tiny circles for the daisy centres and fix them into place with a glue dot/double sided tape/fixative of choice. 

4// Attach the daisies to the embroidery thread with a little strip of masking tape (you may have to cut it down to size). 

5// Find things to hang them on. I suggest a pretty birdcage or something equally pointless and pretty: 


I love these, they would be great for a summer picnic party! I will be selling a slightly pimped out version of them in my shop when it opens... But I thought I would share them with you now as I'm too impatient. Not long to go now :) 

x Rachel 

5 comments:

  1. I love daisies! My friend just made me an actual daisy crown yesterday, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy chains are one of my absolute favourite things, and yours are adorable. Paper ones is such a cute idea, they would make lovely accents on books or gifts too!

    http://www.salutetocute.blogspot.co.nz/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them I will be having a go at making these thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...