Monday, 12 August 2013

Dream Interiors: Pastel Pretty


From top left: 1//2//3//4//5//6
Inspiration image here.

I love pastels in home decor, there is just something about it that is so calming and pretty. However, I think it can be quite easy to over-do it and make something a bit too candy-shop-esque. I like pastels best when they are muted and used sparingly, mixed with other elements with a bit of an edge - like concrete, geometric shapes or aged wood. Unless of course you are going for candy-land... In which case go wild! 

Those lightbulbs are making me crazy, I need them in my life. 

What are your thoughts on pastels? 

x Rachel 

4 comments:

  1. Love the pillow and the wooden cupboard! It's adorable.
    ohhayblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastels are so so pretty! I absolutely love the dinner table

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going crazy for pastels, this just looks incredible <3
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so have to share this with my friend Nelly. Not only do I love these touches of soft colour against white, (great for flat dwellers who can't always paint their walls) but this style just screams her name. Thanks for sharing! x Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...