Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Weekly Art: Alexa Meade


American artist Alexa Meade has stolen my heart. She creates amazing illusive three-dimensional works by painting directly on to the surface of the human body, making the subject look like a two-dimensional portrait. I just love work that continues to be amazing the more you look at it, and this definitely falls into that category! 


images here.

My favourite of her series' is a collaboration with Sheila Vand entitled "Milk: what will you make of me?" where Alexa painted directly on Sheila's body submerged in pools of milk. The results are hauntingly beautiful. 

Amazed? Have a look at her portfolio here - you wont be disappointed. 

x Rachel 

1 comment:

  1. Her work is amazing. Those first two are my favourites. x Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...